MyBookyLife

Living The Booky Life...

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis I loved this book. It was very good and it has a sad beginning as they have to leave their mother and live with some relatives. At first Lucy finds out about the different world when they are playing hide ans seek. Then Edmund, but the olders don't believe them. Until they hide because of smashing a window. They find Narnia but Edmund, from his last visit and some Turkish delight, wants to lure his family to the with's castle. The witch wants the children so she can kill Aslan. But fortunately he fails. For this Edmund gets locked up in her castle and he is left until the family saves him. Down in the beaver hole they meet some friends to guide them Along the way. I thought it was a miracle when Aslan returned from his slaughter but then the author unfolds the explanation and I LOVE the part when father Christmas visits and gives them each a present to help themselves. Some parts are very tense such as when the beavers are running from the fox's and children crawling behind the beavers. But despite the children's troubles in the end they are crowned king and queens. I think this book has it all the adventure, fantasy and horror and tenseness. I would recommend this to children 6-11. All in all, a great book.